Across the United States over 2900 criminal aliens and fugitives are under arrest today, and out of that 84 were made in the San Diego area, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The arrests were announced Wednesday the 28th and I.C.E. says they were made possible through a nationwide “cross-check” operation.
“The results of this targeted enforcement operation underscore ICE’s ongoing commitment and focus on the arrest and removal of convicted criminal aliens and those that game our nation’s immigration system,” said ICE Director John Morton. “Because of the tireless efforts and teamwork of ICE officers and agents in tracking down at large criminal aliens and fugitives, there are 2,901 fewer criminal aliens in our neighborhoods across the country.”
The 2,901 criminal alien arrests included:
• 2,642 Males
• 259 Females
• 115 Nationalities
• 1,600+ Convicted felons
• 681 Immigration fugitives
• 386 Illegal reentrants
• 151 Sexual predators
• 42 Gang members
• 1,282 individuals with more than one conviction
146 cases were presented for prosecution:
• 55 accepted
• 20 declined
• 71 pending
• Virgilio Lopez-Ruiz, 54, a national of the Dominican Republic, who was residing in the Bronx, N.Y., convicted on Nov. 16, 1988, of second degree attempted murder.
• Ike Romanus Bright, 51, a national of Nigeria, who was residing in Kyle, Texas, was an ICE fugitive alien convicted on Nov. 5, 1986, of second degree attempted murder.
• Jose Gallardo, 51, a national of Mexico, who was residing in North Hollywood, Calif., convicted on March 21, 1996, of kidnapping a child under 14 years of age and shooting at an occupied dwelling. The Department of Justice (DOJ) is filing criminal charges for illegally re-entering the United States after having been removed.
• Ian Kirt Kuar, 52, a national of Trinidad and Tobago, who was residing in Hauppauge, N.Y., convicted on Nov. 14, 1975, of second degree manslaughter and convicted on May 12, 1995, of fifth degree criminal sale of a controlled substance.
• Roberto Hackett-Baquie, 54, a national of Panama, who was residing in Mountain, Ga., convicted on March 26, 2008, of child molestation.
• Euford Brown, 60, a national of Jamaica, who was residing in Mattapan, Mass., was an ICE fugitive alien and a registered sex offender convicted on April 2, 1986, of rape.
• Austin Alfredo Alonzo-Fiallos, 36, a national of Honduras, who was residing in West Columbia, S.C., was an ICE fugitive alien convicted on March 2, 1998, of felony burglary-armed assault and felony assault and battery on official employee. He is also wanted in Miami on charges of attempted first degree murder and charges of kidnapping, burglary and armed assault. He is pending extradition to Miami on the criminal charges.
• David Lang, 31, a national of the Czech Republic, who was residing in Cape Coral, Fla., convicted on May 3, 2010, of driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol/drugs. Lang is also wanted in the Czech Republic for armed robbery of a gambling club.
• Carlos De Jesus Acosta-Jimenez, 24, a national of Mexico, who was residing in Douglasville, Ga., convicted on April 18, 2011, of burglary, three counts of aggravated assault and terroristic threats (threatening to commit murder).
• Senobio Mozqueda-Octavo, 52, a national of Mexico, who was residing in Stockton, Calif., convicted on Sept. 10, 2002, of voluntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon. DOJ is filing criminal charges for illegally re-entering the United States after having been removed.
• Jose David Orellana-Lemus, 30, a national of El Salvador, who was residing in Seattle, Wash., who admits to past membership in the MS-13 gang and was an ICE fugitive alien convicted on June 15, 2001, of third degree assault.